A mentor coach is an expert who provides wisdom and guidance based on their experience to enhance the coach’s skills. Mentoring includes feedback, advising and at specific moments, coaching. A good mentor is responsible for listening to the mentee’s coaching, assessing their skill level, and creating a collaborative partnership for working together to support the coach’s goal.
When To be mentored?
- If you are working on becoming, upgrading, or renewing your coaching credential (for an International Coach Federation certification or another coaching body) and need a certain number of mentor sessions to qualify for the process.
- If you want to be an even better coach, have personalized attention to and feedback on your specific ways of working, gain insight on your coaching style and heighten your impact.
- If you want to learn new approaches or incorporate different perspectives.
- Deepened knowledge about your coaching and your impact as a coach.
- The opportunity to explore strengths and areas for improvement in a safe relationship with an experienced colleague.
- Immediately applicable, honest feedback contoured to you.
- A learning-filled, supportive relationship where you can accrue the mentoring hours you need to become a certified coach or renew your credential at a higher level.
- Increasing solidity in your skills and approach.
Ready to grow your coaching skills?
I can help.